Thursday 30 April 2015

100 Days to go!

In roughly 100 days I shall be leaving my lovely wife Debbie and gorgeous family to begin an adventure in Chengdu, Sichuan Province in South West China. I also have some brilliant friends who I shall leave with heavy heart but open invitation to China!

Why? (Looks I maybe adopting a Q&A style, hope it doesn't grate!)

Good question Greg, all sorts of reasons but predominantly they are:


  • Adventure (54 now and ready for a change!)
  • Lifestyle change - we have a lovely life in the North East of England but we are both conscious that there could be more interesting ways of spending our 'down' time
  • Cos I dare! - I quite like that I still have that spirit and I'd like to nurture it!
Aren't you going to miss Little Debs?


More than anything but but with a good wind, she'll be out there before we know it and the shared journey can continue - she's not going to miss my snoring or my mess she says!

Where and What?

I'll be teaching in Anren Town just outside Chengdu at Confucius International School - I met the head Gordon a couple of weeks ago and he convinced me it could be a great move in a good school with a great staff.  I'm expecting to work pretty hard but I like that!


Why are you writing this blog, who cares?

Good question, I'm hoping it'll be a little cathartic, it'll make me think of home and it will allow both my friends to see what I'm up to!



What next?

Over the next few weeks I'll be updating on preparations, boring you with what I'm packing, or leaving, injections, visas etc It may be useful to someone else one day.  I'll also be exploring what I won't be able to live without to ensure plenty of supplies in case - Marmite of course but is it disturbing to be considering taking Yorkshire Tea to China?  Should I buy new underwear in case of accident? Should I vote for the Tories next week so that England feels worse when I've gone?



Ok, that'll do to start - thanks for dropping by - chat soon!

Greg


No comments:

Post a Comment