Friday 26 June 2015

7 Weeks and counting!

Time she is a flying friends!

Anren Town where I'll be living!


So 46 days and counting, time a for a brief update from Your Man in Chengdu (well will be soon - in Chengdu that is, not a man - you know what I mean I'm sure!)

Well much has been happening in preparation and I have to say here that the school has been brilliant with their communication and support - bodes well I feel.  Today I received notification that my work permit has been delivered, I now need to wait a few days for an invitation from the Chinese Government to come and work in China. When that i arrives i will take a trip to the Chinese consulate in Edinburgh to get my Z visa (like a Green Card in USA and i suspect as challenging to get - Chinese bureaucracy is legendary and so it is proving!)

I was advised not to get my plane tickets until the approval was given but anyone who knows me will understand that I have been checking flight prices since I was offered the job and bought flights with BA from Newcastle to Chengdu yonks ago.  I fly out on the 11th August and will come back for Christmas on 21st December so anyone who needs a Greggy fix by then needs to plan their Christmas and any holidays completely around me! Just kidding, I'll be around for about 10 days and will try to see as many people who'd like to see me - just Debbie and the kids then!

I just wanted to share with you some of the health hoops I've jumped through so far.

I've been tested for:

  • Aids
  • Syphillis
  • Bells Palsy
  • Elephantiasis
  • Alice in Wonderland Syndrome 
  • Nodding Syndrome
  • Herpes
  • Colour Blindness
  • Blindness
  • Male Pattern Baldness and
  • Gout
May not have been all these but it felt like it!

I've also had:

  • Chest X Rays
  • ECG
  • Hammer on Knee
  • Gonads Squeeze - we both enjoyed the awkwardness of that!
  • Feet tickling
  • Walking in a straight line
  • Touching my nose, knees, ears and shoulders
I have had injections for:

  • Hepatitis A
  • Hepatitis B
  • Typhoid  
  • Cholera
  • Dyptheria
  • Tetanus
  • Beriberi
  • Malaria
  • Yelow Fever
  • Japanese Encephylitis
  • Rabies
  • Polio
  • Dengue Fever
  • Leprosy
Ok perhaps not all these but plenty - I'm sure I'd fail a drugs test at the moment!

So, nearly ready, just had final trip around the country saying goodbye to family, and preparing for final holiday with Debbie (Malta for two weeks in July) then the final countdown!

Oh yes - Leaving Do Alert

I shall be having a bit of a bash on Saturday 1st August at  Hole in the Wall Darlington from about 3:00 on Saturday 1st August - There'll be some nosh and music - nothing flash but a bar open until Sunday!  Would love to see you there (Obviously this isn't one of those notorious Facebook parties where thousands turn up and trash the family home!)  I may do this bit through Eventbrite - not sure!


Ok, that's wrap peeps - catch you next time - please feel free to share and comment!  Greg x

No comments:

Post a Comment