Monday 3 August 2015

7 Days to go OMG!

So started this 93 days ago and it looked like I had for ever to get organised - now I'm slightly anxious that I won't have room for my slippers or the parcel I'm about to send will not arrive and I'll have no juggling balls or tabasco source or Imodium or razor blades or the charger for my my macbook or any shoes or that utility knife I bought about 5 years ago that has pliers on it that I've never used but all of a sudden seemed to be the most useful thing I possessed!  So, deep breath - turns out everything in the boxes is replaceable and why wouldn't they arrive anyway!

And I'm back in the room!  Very excited to have my Z Visa, still not really sure what it is but I know I can't go with out it!

Everybody I speak to keeps saying don't take many clothes, but I'm not sure what that means - if it was my wife Debbie, not many clothes would be pairs of shoes in the low teens and the same number of dresses, tops, trousers/jeans/shorts and more underwear than Agent Provocateur's summer exhibition!  I know people for whom it would mean a pair of pants and socks and maybe a roll-on deodorant (you know who you are!)  So how many work suits is not many? Ditto shirts, ties, etc!  So with a week to go, these are my main anxieties.


I have been blessed to have two leaving does - the quiz team cocktail day (Go Tequila Mockingbird!) - I'm told it was a great day and night - it's coming back to me slowly!  We invented a cocktail - The Red Panda with Malibu, Vodka and a load of other stuff which seems to be going down well - check out with Dave at The Whole in the Wall for details!  

So good luck Mockingbirds!


Party number two was also at the Whole in the Wall with friends from all over and again was a lovely, funny and special occasion and reminds me what and who I shall miss while away - a bit choked to be honest but onwards and upwards.












Well I'm filled with that excitement that comes before something momentous happens - Charlotte Bronte sums up beautifully in Jane Eyre 

“I sat down and tried to rest. I could not; though I had been on foot all day, I could not now repose an instant; I was too much excited. A phase of my life was closing tonight, a new one opening tomorrow: impossible to slumber in the interval; I must watch feverishly while the change was being accomplished.” 

That's me at the moment, finishing tying up loose ends and taking a huge breath before the giant leap into the unknown!

Good news is we have bought Debbie's flights to Chengdu for end of January so she'll be able to see in Chinese New Year - boy those fireworks will look pretty spectacular!  I'm also going to make sure there are some cute pandas for her to see and i'll be able to impress her with my linguistic skills as I ask for a small bowl of my aunties chiropractor with sauce!

See you on the other side comrades!



1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to the next instalment Greg. We are constantly wondering how you are getting on 🐼🐼🐼🐼 excellently we hope! Jan&Stuart XX

    ReplyDelete